WELCOME! This platform is hosting the description of the activities and exercises that have been used to facilitate the different sessions of Senior Pass training pathway. Please upload your tools, filling in the automatic form provided in all its parts.
WELCOME: Goals, Expectations, Questions
This activity has been proposed in the first session of the SP training course. It stimulates and supports the motivation to undertake the course
To be done:
- A better understanding of the knowledge in the small group and with the coach
- Highlight the reasons that support each Senior in taking the course
- Verify if there are any questions, concerns, or resistances
- Create a synergistic collective dynamic
- After a first time of welcome it will be proposed a trace of personal insight (TPA 1: “Objectives, expectations, questions – see attached) to which each participant is asked to respond in writing (10 m.)
- Following each will be invited to exchange. Will be given to each individual the freedom to communicate, reading or commenting on, the parties that it deems important to socialize.
- The coach will resume what emerges to strengthen the motivation, and to respond to questions and requests for more information.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES NEEDED:
- Card TPA! 11 “goals, expectations, questions,” one copy for each participant (8 copies)
- Classroom with chairs and / or tables arranged in a circle or horseshoe
- Paper, pens
- Flip chart and markers
STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
- Welcome and accommodation in a circle (Classroom with chairs and tables in a horseshoe / circle)
- Short mutual presentation and description of the activity. Delivery of the TPA card 1/1 (15 m)
- Personal working time – (10 M)
- Exchange of the card between the group (20 m)
- Synthesis and insights from the coach ( 15 m)
- Compiled deepening cards
- Summary of objectives and motivations in support of the course, highlighted by the coach in the board (mapping of the reasons)
No evaluation has been foreseen for this activity, because it is part of a session.
NOTES FOR FURTHER USE:
This activity could take long time. In fact, people may be encouraged to express their motivations, eager to ask questions … The task of the coach is to limit this activity in a targeted time of emergence and exchange of the main motivations and of any concerns or questions that may disturb the start of the course. Perform this task with the use of a written record and the ability to manage the exchange in a directive way by the coach, will allow to comply with the schedule.
DOCUMENTS, HANDOUTS RELATED TO THE ACTIVITY:
TPA 1/1 card to be downloaded