WELCOME! This platform is hosting the description of the activities and exercises that have been used to facilitate the different sessions of Senior Pass training pathway. Please upload your tools, filling in the automatic form provided in all its parts.
WELCOME: History of Life
Go trought the story of each own personal life and write the own biography identifying meaningful experiences
To be done:
INDIVIDUALLY, IN PLENARY
- Remember the significant stages of the story of their life from different viewpoints: professional, educational, extraprofessional
- Highlight the significant experiences that have allowed to acquire skills
- Paving the way for the task analysis for the recognition of the skills acquired
- Share your own path in the group, allow group components to give and receive feedback
- Look for the “common thread” that accompanied the different lifestyle choices
Method autobiographical narrative: the participants are proposed to write their autobiography in chronological order, highlighting the experiences and commenting. Two methods are proposed: a narrative approach and a free card-structured (see attached)
Once written the autobiography people are invited to encode experiences according to the types: professional, school/training, outsidework/leisure.
In this phase of personal work the coach is available to support the activity, if necessary.
After individual processing the coach calls a person, a volunteer, to share his story with the group. Participants are asked to react, ask questions, give helpful feedback to deepen the analysis of the experiences.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES NEEDED:
- Card “History of Life”, 1 copy for each participant
- Classroom with chairs and / or tables arranged in a circle or horseshoe
- Paper, pens
- Flip chart and markers
STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
- Presentation of the activity and of the pedagogical card as support
- Personal time for write own autobiography
- Sharing instantly impressions on the work done
- Reading, by a participant, of his own autobiography
- Exchange in the group, insights
Cards “History of Life” compiled
NOTES FOR FURTHER USE:
The participants welcomed the idea to traces their life story and to determine the significative stages. Some resistance may come from someone who is not accustomed to writing. In this case is useful to use the card that is structured, more concise and simple.
DOCUMENTS, HANDOUTS RELATED TO THE ACTIVITY: