WELCOME! This platform is hosting the description of the activities and exercises that have been used to facilitate the different sessions of Senior Pass training pathway. Please upload your tools, filling in the automatic form provided in all its parts.
The key to successful integration is to find the connection between project participants and also have some fun. We have used the ‘spider web’ exercise to make the connection strong and visible. On the basis of trust and comfort developed this way we could carry on with the learning process.
To be done:
Integration, sharing expectations and motivations.
- To create a friendly and trusting atmosphere
- To share motivations and expectations for the SP project
- To integrate the group
- To practice concentration
Sitting together in a circle participants and the facilitator are throwing the woollen ball to one another in order to create a web connecting expectations, motivations and experiences.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES NEEDED:
A woollen ball or a string ball passed from one to another
STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
1. Explaining tasks (facilitator begins with the questions until all the participants answer and in the end the woollen ball comes back to him/her.
2. Asking questions starting from simple integrating ones: a) what do you like to do in your free time/name your favourite book, movie, b) what would you like to learn in the Senior Pass project, c) why you would like to take part in the project, name 3 things.
3. Summary of the connections created, with focus on common goals.
Integrated group, safe atmosphere, positive moods, developed curiosity.
Much laughter and getting to know one another allowed for creating improving the creation of safe environment.
NOTES FOR FURTHER USE:
Prepare short questions in order to assure the dynamics of this exercise.
DOCUMENTS, HANDOUTS RELATED TO THE ACTIVITY: