WELCOME! This platform is hosting the description of the activities and exercises that have been used to facilitate the different sessions of Senior Pass training pathway. Please upload your tools, filling in the automatic form provided in all its parts.
IN the beginning of the training for participants who have never been involved in similar activities there is not easy start to share, give feedback, evaluate. There is safe platform needed just to start to talk, to explain feelings, describe skills and situation. Especially it is in small community where everyone knows everyone.
This method gives positive energy.
To be done:
1. Promote a safe environment in the group
2. Giving non formal platform to share
3. Make a link between feelings of participants compering project start and the end period
4. Improve personal feedback giving skills
Creative sharing and ling term feedback methodology
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES NEEDED:
1. Small cardboard pieces
2. Markers, coloured pencils
STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
1. Each participant receives one cardboard piece and create on size 15×9 (standard postcard size)
2. On the paper they are drawing feeling of the day
3. On the opposite side of the postcard participant writes their address and write on free space bequests to himself/herself what he would have in the project
4. Little presentation to other participants,explaining whats on picture
5. Advisor collect postcards and sends to participants in the end of the project
Participants are positively charged, start to talk to each other. Expected that participants could ask why is such activities (methods like kid painting) used. In the result there is willingness to attend training as it is one of the best way to meet people and finally to share with someone his story, experience and receive positive feedback.
There is ned to explain why there is used this non formal education methods. To give value to each activity by explaining and discussions after the tasks. There is always open space needed. If the participants suggest after the activity some new method (self knowledge discovery), be open to integrate it. Even there is no direct aim of activity participant who suggested feels more confident and more valuable.
NOTES FOR FURTHER USE:
Recommended in the first training day (after the introduction day).
Can be variated – participants can send to each other postcards.
DOCUMENTS, HANDOUTS RELATED TO THE ACTIVITY: